Breathing is essential for every human to live. A person can’t exist if he stops breathing, but today our question is Can you breathe through your ears? Yes, we can breathe through our ears, but it does not give us a long life to live as our ears and throat are connected with the help of a Eustachian tube that helps to maintain the pressure.
Is it possible to breathe through your belly button?
No, it is not possible to breathe through your belly button. The lungs are the best way to breathe for long life; otherwise, we can breathe through our ears, but it does not give us a long life—the Eustachian tube’s role in maintaining the eardrum pressure connected to our ears and throat.
Ways to get more oxygen:
There are some ways with which we can get more and proper oxygen. Let us share them;
- By drinking water:
Drinking water can get more oxygen as your lungs need hydrated to breathe appropriately. It is advisable to take about 2 to 3 liters of water daily for the proper oxygen supply. The more water you drink, the fresher and easily you can breathe. You must also drink oxygenated water as it contains oxygen and is also low in calories. Water also has many other health benefits.
- By working out:
Some breathing exercises with which you can easily breathe, like aerobic exercise, are the best exercise for proper breathing. By working out, your body remains active, making your lungs breathe properly. Exercising is not only beneficial for your proper breathing, but it also makes your muscles strong.
- Foods rich in iron:
Foods rich in iron improve your oxygen level. If we have a deficiency of iron, we may have a breathing problem and get exhausted. Iron-rich foods like apples, poultry, fish, kale, legumes, etc., improve your breathing. Iron-rich foods are necessary for breathing, give you a healthy pregnancy, and increase your energy level.
- Taking a proper diet:
Add antioxidants to your diet to increase the oxygen level in your lungs. The foods that contain antioxidants are strawberries, blueberries, plums, etc., and these antioxidant foods can also be taken as juice. Rather than antioxidant foods, you must also take vitamin F in your diet so that your lungs may increase their oxygen level and give you proper and fresh breathing.
How to do the pursed lip breathing exercise?
There are a few steps to do the pursed lip breathing exercise. Let us discuss them;
- First of all, you need to comfort your neck and shoulders.
- After that, close your mouth and suck in from your nose.
- Then, purse your lips.
- At last, suck out the breath from your pursed lips.
If a person has a deficiency of breath and may face problems when inhaling and exhaling oxygen, then pursed lip breathing is the best and easiest exercise to learn. The primary purpose of pursed lip breathing exercise is to suck in the oxygen and suck out the carbon dioxide that freshens up your lungs and increases the oxygen level.
How to do the diaphragmatic breathing exercise?
There are a few steps to doing the diaphragmatic breathing exercise. Let us discuss them;
- First, take the help of your knees to lie on your back and put your head on a cushion.
- Then, place a cushion under your knees to avoid the risk of any injury and for your support.
- Then put one hand on the chest and the other hand on the sternum to feel the movement of the diaphragm.
- After that, slowly suck in the air from your nose.
- Could you keep your hands in their position?
- At last, tighten your stomach muscles and suck out the air from your pursed lips.
You must apply these steps of diaphragmatic breathing exercise for about 5 to 10 minutes as it has many benefits like reducing the risk of heart rate and blood pressure. Not only this, it improves your muscles’ movement and releases the wastes from your lungs to increase the oxygen level.
How to do the lion breathing exercise?
There are a few steps to doing the lion breathing exercise. Let us discuss them;
- First of all, sit on a comfortable seat.
- Then, sit on your heels, move your legs back, and press your palm.
- Deeply such in from your nose and completely open your eyes.
- Then, simultaneously, completely open your mouth and bring your tongue outside.
- At last, suck out the air from your mouth and make the ” ha ” sound for comfort.
Doing this lion breathing exercise two to three times is necessary to increase the oxygen level. It is not only beneficial for your breathing, but it also relieves your stress, lowers your blood pressure, and also boosts the capacity of your lungs. An essential benefit of the lion breathing exercise is it reduces your cravings for cigarettes.
Benefits of breathing or breathing exercises:
The advantages of breathing or breathing exercises are below;
- Breathing exercises give you a night of better sleep and increase your sleep quality.
- Doing breathing exercises once a day may reduce your cravings for the cigar.
- Deep breathing releases your stress and anxiety and also comforts your mind.
- Exhaling and inhaling the air removes the wastes from your lungs, increasing your oxygen level.
- You forget all your worries and reduce your pain by taking a deep breath.
As we discussed above, Can you breathe through your ears? As your ears and throat are connected to the eustachian tube for pressure maintenance, we can. There are many breathing exercises with which we can remove the wastes from our lungs and increase the oxygen level for the proper functioning of breathing.
There are also some ways we can get more oxygen, which we discussed in this article in detail. But make sure that if you do not know the exact exercise of breathing, then consult the specialist of any fitness trainer to let you learn these breathing exercises.